Welcome to Bay View School
are a multicultural, neighborhood school that offers an enriched
educational experience to all students, kindergarten through fifth
grade. Our warm, welcoming, active school community offers many
opportunities for families to be involved in their child’s school
experience. We have many parents volunteering in the classroom, serving
on one of our parent committees, family dances, a family art day, a
winter book sale, and a popular Spring Carnival. At Bay View, there is a
place for everyone to belong.
Our primary goal for
your child is academic success. Regardless of language, learning style,
or choice of program, your child will be challenged and receive the full
curriculum for their grade level. We offer differentiated lessons for
all ability levels and small group instruction for literacy and math.
Taught by highly qualified teachers, our academic program includes:
- a comprehensive mathematics program that goes beyond computation to focus on problem solving.
- Differentiated reading instruction in grades 1 - 5 in our Walk to Read program
- hands-on classroom science instruction, supplemented by a school-wide Life Lab science and nutrition program, taught in our beautiful campus garden.
- multi-media art instruction taught by credentialed art teachers, in addition to art created in the classroom.
- weekly vocal and instrumental music instruction for fourth and fifth graders.
- Physical Education lessons that emphasize individual skill development as well as teamwork and cooperation.
- a spacious library media center,
staffed by a credentialed librarian, boasting a collection of over
25,000 books, a kitchen, an art center, and more than a dozen networked
computers, used during the school day by students, and after school by
children and their families.
- a state of the art computer lab
that allows for both intervention and enrichment for our students via
networked programs, internet access, keyboarding, and digital media
instruction for first through fifth grade students.
- Development Lessons; English Learners receive daily English Language Development lessons.
- a language arts program that integrates oral language, reading, writing, and social studies instruction.
- a recess coach who provides active engagement and play opportunities for all students during break times.
- two program choices for early literacy:
traditional kinder classes, where all children first learn to read in
English, and our Puentes program, in which our Spanish speaking children
first learn to read in Spanish.
Bay View School is a safe and welcoming
where everyone is respected and learning is valued. Our school is a
dynamic learning environment where everyone is engaged and inspired to
do their personal best. Our rich academic curriculum includes the arts,
field trips, library, Life Lab, nutrition, and music. Diversity is
embraced; it enriches our learning community. Students, families, and
staff work together as a team to ensure academic success and social
responsibility for everyone.
At Bay View School,
everybody is somebody.
School Accountability Report Card for Bay View
A hard copy of of this report is available in the school office, and will be made available, upon request.